ResMed is a medical equipment company specializing in devices and services for sleep apnea and other conditions.
Their aging ERP system was making it difficult to forecast which appliances would be needed for which markets and wasn’t compatible with other internal systems for communication and supply chain tracking. As a long-time Oracle user, ResMed knew that they wanted to upgrade their current outdated system to the Oracle Cloud.
After assessing the current ResMed system and business processes, we knew they needed a Demand Management and Supply Planning Cloud from Oracle. One of the struggles ResMed faced before this change was inconsistent updates. Some systems need to be updated while others were incompatible with the software update. With an all-in-one system, updates automatically flow to each component, allowing ResMed to expand functionality.
What we found:
- A system with consistent compatibility problems between the ERP platform and various versions of Java
- Difficulties in tuning Demantra to fit the demands of different markets
- Challenges balancing the demands of made-to-order products vs products that had a steady demand
- Time-consuming re-tuning in Demantra to sell a product that was keyed specifically for one market and then updated before selling in another market
- Shift from on-prem Demantra to Oracle’s Demand Management (DM), Supply Planning, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), and Global Order Processing (GOP) Cloud to standardize demand planning across all business units
- Improve visibility of financial figures across all product families
- Create dynamic reporting to support the S&OP processes
- Monitor exceptions and potential plan changes with advanced analytics, complete with simulation capabilities
- Enhance the solution with additional cloud modules using the same data model, across divisions and sites while integrating to and from Oracle EBS
Improving Forecasting to Increase Efficiency, Save Money and Time
Our work made it possible for ResMed to more accurately forecast product needs and production which reduced wait times and improved warehouse management.