The innovation story in food & beverage (F&B) has remained the same over the last decades: consumers demand new products continuously, regulations are constantly increasing, competition is fierce and success rates are low. Leading F&B companies have increasingly been turning to product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions to increase their odds of getting high quality, compliant products to market quickly.
However, innovation efficiencies are limited by the inability of earlier PLM applications to concurrently manage the product development cycle for the discrete and formulated parts of the product. Tasks are often performed in silos leading to:
- Disconnected product design processes and data
- Lack of traceability between the formulated components and the rest of the product design
- Cumbersome and error-prone data transformation from the formulated tools into the PLM design system
- A need for specialty knowledge of multiple systems
Ultimately, compromising efficiency, compliance and time-to-market.
- Reduced development cycle time and time-to-market
- Improved product integrity, data access and accuracy
- Improved product quality
- Simplified data audits and reduced compliance risk
- Improved PLM ROI and operational efficiencies
Global Food and Beverage manufacturer improves PLM usability and efficiency by integrating recipe prototyping and formulation management within Oracle PLM for Process. Read More.