Prior to Kalypso, Javier headed the Decision Automation group in BHP coal operations where he developed and executed the decision automation strategy for the Coal Asset whilst establishing the Decision Automation (DA) Program for BHP East operations and formed the DA Program Execution teams. In this role, Javier developed and communicated value proposition for decision automation strategy programs and associated roadmaps with a key focus on the applicability of data science and machine learning to attain business insights from business and operations data. He led and directed asset and operations ‘by-in’ by developing and implementing stakeholder management approaches.
Javier has a bachelor of applied science with a major in Material Science from the University of Technology, Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education from the University of Sydney.
Javier brings over 36 years of experience in the high tech industries, with a focus on the mining industry across business transformation, process automation & optimization, program management, systems engineering, governance & policy development, program execution, client-Centric solutions and training & development.
Javier brings a unique perspective to Kalypso's digital and advanced analytics where he assists mining, mineral and cements (MMC) clients with their digital transformation strategy and journey. He also brings thought leadership to the MMC community being heavily involved in the mining industry participating with industry groups such as AustMine, GMG and CEEC.
Javier was born in Vallenar, Chile and raised in Sydney Australia. He is a geek! spending spare time programming python applications, building leggo models and plc (programable logic controllers). He also enjoys restoring cars.
- Contact Information
Let's explore what we might discover, create, make and sell together. Complete the form below and we'll be in touch with you shortly.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Graduate Certificate, Digital Transformation | RMIT
- Edison Solution Architect Senior Expert | Schneider Electric
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration | Macquarie University
- System Architect Engineer |Schneider Electric | 2012
- Professional Certification| Hirschmann
- Hirschmann Industrial Network Specialist (HiNS)
- Hirschmann Industrial Technology Professional (HiTP)
- Hirschmann Industrial Design Professional (HiDP)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment | Trainwest | 2008
- Graduate Certificate - Higher Education |The University of Sydney
- Lead Consultant, Digital Factories, BHP
- Project Director, Decision Automation, BHP
- Business Consultant, Aveva PLC
- Manager, Minerals Processing and Optimization Center of Excellence
- Analytical Lead, Process Excellence Center, Rio Tinto
- Training Director, Inttact
- Process Systems Manager, Chemical Engineering, The University of Sydney