What we found:
- No centralized or standardized forecasting tool
- Core planning processes are needed defining for best practices in Demand and Supply Planning
- Unable to create a systemwide sales forecast incorporating key demand signals across the organization
- Inaccurate and varied sales forecasts from store to store
- Implementation of Oracle’s Demand Management (DM), Supply Planning, Replenishment Planning, and S&OP Cloud and integration to Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- Create a centralized, easy-to-use system to support frequent product updates, promotions, and changes in demand
- Develop a simple and standardized process for forecasting sales across all stores
- Create a framework for evaluating future supply chain scenarios
- Adopt DM Cloud tools and best practices for improved forecast accuracy
- Define Sales & Operations Processes (S&OP) processes to be supported by Oracle’s S&OP Cloud
- Train and educate Krispy Kreme teams on demand and supply chain principles
Krispy Kreme is a leading doughnut and coffeehouse chain with 1,400 locations across the U.S. and several international locations. The company sells over 20 million doughnuts per year.
At Krispy Kreme, we implemented Oracle Demand Management, Supply Planning, Replenishment Planning, and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Cloud, re-engineered key business processes and trained the store managers on the new applications. The review and implementation process took about three months to complete, with Kalypso team members reviewing Krispy Kreme’s cloud migration plan and re-engineering the business processes after implementation.
Krispy Kreme, with the help of Kalypso, now has much better control over its forecasting demand accuracy and has transformed its collection of homegrown solutions into an integrated, modern toolset that will allow them to scale and grow.
Streamlining Business Operations and Forecasting with Oracle Cloud
Our work made it possible for Krispy Kreme to lower costs and waste by being better able to forecast demand, streamline processes, and improve communication across many stores.