Kalypso is a consulting firm dedicated to helping clients deliver on the promise of innovation. We believe that innovation is the single most important factor for long-term growth and success.
We are passionate about our work and committed to helping clients become more innovative, competitive, and productive. The Kalypso team consists of diverse industry experts with proven experience delivering results. Our people are recognized business and industry thought leaders with a passion for innovation.
As a provider of professional services, our people are the key to success. We are looking for the absolute best to join our world-class team. We want balanced individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to provide the sustainable results our clients expect. At the same time, we are looking for real, multi-dimensional people – Characters with Character – who complement their expertise and intelligence with personality and integrity.
PLM Technical Consultant - UK Job Description
As a Technical Consultant, you will help our clients solve challenging issues. The work is fast-paced, demanding, and provides unparalleled exposure to unique opportunities. The learning curve can be quite steep at times, but the technical training program will help you develop a broad set of skills and enable you to explore areas that are of interest you. Our focus is on helping clients extract value from software solutions, not just on making the technology work.
In this role, you will help install, design, develop, test, and drive adoption of software solutions for a diverse set of clients in industries such as Life Science, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), High Tech, Manufacturing, and Energy.
The salary for the role will be £40,800 per annum.
- Regular travel across most of the UK and Europe required
- Home working from the UK is supported
Main responsibilities include:
- Achieve a balance between meeting client obligations, supporting their needs, and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Assist with the definition and design of complex technical solutions, particularly those involving large or complex business and technical problems
- Help design and configure Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions to incorporate new business processes
- Train client personnel in PLM concepts and PLM software tool capabilities and functionality
- Perform data conversion design/loading activities
- Assist in designing and developing custom reports and queries
Requirements & Skills:
- An undergraduate Degree, preferably in the areas of Science, Engineering, or IT
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of PLM software solution capabilities, such as Oracle Agile, PTC Windchill, Matrix One, TeamCenter, Eigner, Dassault, etc.
- Development and/or configuration experience in the following packaged solutions: Windchill PLM (or any of its modules) is preferred
- Experience in working with the following: Java, SQL, XML, Web Service Integrations (acceptable C#, .Net)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a team environment
- Effective organization and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2019
- At least 2 years of technical work experience in coding, development, or solution architecture
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience with PTC Windchill PLM systems or 2 – 4 years of work experience in the fields of New Product Introduction, Product Development, or Project and Portfolio Management
- At least 2 years of experience with processing business requirements and business process definitions, application design/configuration and integrated testing activities
- At least 2 years of experience with coding solutions using one of the programming languages above
- Experience with emerging web technologies a plus